At Linton Village College everyone is a learner and every learner matters.
The following strategic priorities underpin our framework for educational excellence:
· Vibrant learning culture: to sustain a vibrant and inspiring teaching and learning culture that encourages a love of learning, curiosity, reflection and independence;
· Success for all: to deliver exceptional education and care, in a climate of high expectations and ambition, that enables all learners to thrive and flourish;
· Rich, holistic education: to offer an enriching, broad and challenging curriculum that nurtures talent, secures well-being and broadens horizons and experiences;
· Productive partnerships: to foster positive relationships, community links and partnerships that enhance standards and opportunities for all;
· Impactful leadership: to grow leadership that secures educational success aligned to moral purpose and wider educational goals, values and responsibilities.
Linton Village College has an excellent reputation. The College serves a catchment area of villages in South Cambridgeshire and in addition attracts children from out of Cambridgeshire and out of its own catchment area on the basis of its reputation. There are currently 875 on roll and the school is oversubscribed.
Students at LVC are engaged in their own learning, hardworking and ambitious. The warm and positive relationship between staff and students in the school is tangible and there are few incidents of poor behaviour in or outside of lessons. The school’s staff are positive and focused on meeting the needs of children.
The College founded Chilford Hundred Education Trust in 2014 to support a struggling cluster primary school. CHET grew to include other primary schools in the locality, all of whom joined Anglian Learning on 1st April 2020. We are proud to be a member of this community-focused and like-minded family of schools.
LVC prides itself on providing a holistic education. The school benefits from excellent links to local industry and has been designated as an International School on four consecutive occasions. In addition, the College has a strong tradition of music, drama, art and dance which is recognised by Artsmark Platinum status and an exceptional enrichment offer.
Linton’s excellent reputation stems, in part, from its outstanding academic performance. In 2018 the College achieved a progress 8 score of +0.3, placing us significantly above national average for student progress. The percentage of students achieving grade 5 in English and maths was 42%.
Linton Village College is a very special place. It is a successful, dynamic and innovative school with a warm and friendly atmosphere. We welcome applications from ambitious people who are committed to providing an outstanding all-round education for our community of students.