Linton Village College is proud of its excellent exam results which have shown high levels of achievement and progress over the last five years. Students and staff have worked hard to maintain exceptional progress at a time of significant curriculum change. The new Progress 8 measure, introduced in 2016, indicates the progress made by all students across eight subjects from Key Stage 2 to GCSE. In 2016 and 2017, LVC’s Progress 8 measure placed us in the top 10% of all schools nationally.
GCSE Results 2018
· The College’s Progress 8 Score is yet again above national average at +0.3
· The overall Attainment 8 score is 5.0
· 68% of students achieved a Grade 4 or above in maths and English
· 42% of students achieved Grade 5 or above in maths and English
· 46% of students were entered for the English Baccalaureate
· The average point score for students achieving the English Baccalaureate was 4.5
· 87% of students passed GCSE English and 73% passed GCSE maths (Grade 4 and above)
· 72% of students achieved a strong pass (Grade 5 or above) in English
. 47% achieved a strong pass or higher in Maths
· 74% of students achieved 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 or above
· 51% of students achieved 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above
. 20% of students achieved 5 GCSEs at Grade 7 or above
For pupils who completed KS4 in 2016, 98% went on to sustained education, employment or apprenticeships. This was significantly higher than the national proportion (94%). For pupils who have completed KS4, the proportion of pupils in sustained education, employment or apprenticeships has been significantly higher than national averages for the last three years.
We have an online system for you to follow your child’s progress, which can be accessed via www.go4schools.com. There is a link to the parents' login page via the Quick Links on this website. Follow the link below for a parents' guide to setting up your account and accessing your child’s grades and other information.